uPVC, also known as PVCu stands for Un-plasticized Polyvinyl Chloride which is a form of plastic used in the construction of doors, windows and pipelines etc. The unique feature of being strong and lightweight at the same time is the highlight for the popularity and wide use of uPVC in the field of construction. The material is available in a wide range of colours and textures which makes it the favourite of interior designers and home décor aesthetes.
The use of uPVC windows and doors are preferred by a large population because of certain unique advantages that it possesses such as:
- Durability: The introduction of this material has almost replaced the use of iron and wood for doors and windows as it doesn’t rust, is termite resistant, and is weather-resistant also. The use of wood and iron demands more maintenance and occasional replacements as these are largely affected by the altering climatic and weather conditions which in turn causes high financial expenditures. Adopting the use of uPVC windows and doors thus helps you to save money as it does not demand such timely efforts.
- Sound insulation: The roads are swarming with vehicles nowadays and along with it, the noise pollution caused by this terrific traffic is also witnessing a rise. Households near Airports and Highways could make use of this unique feature to avoid noise pollution. Hence, it is evident that the installation uPVC doors and windows are worth every penny.
- Easy to maintain: They are very easy to use, maintain and move according to your liking which is not applicable in the case of materials such as iron and wood that are mostly fixed permanently. The better insulating properties possess by the uPVC structures are also an advantage over the low insulating efficiency of other materials.
- Low cost: The uPVC structures tend to be cheaper and reliable than the other materials such as timber and iron which will help you to lower your financial input without the need to compromise in the quality of chosen material. Another advantage that compliments the low cost is its availability in a varying range of colours and textures. This distinctive feature along with the low cost helps you to design your household according to your customised interest.
- Security: The solid galvanized steel layer makes it strong and hence very tough to break. uPVC windows and doors are also able to incorporate multi-locking systems, a step that increases and ensures your security more than the other existing materials.